New Points Test Score for Australian Visas (Skilled Migration) from 1 July 2018
On 25 June 2018, Hon. Mr. Peter Dutton, Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Immigration and Border Protection announced the new Points Test Score requirement (new Pool and Pass marks) applicable to GSM Visa subclasses:
- Skilled-Independent (Permanent) (Class SI) Subclass 189
- Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Class SN) Subclass 190
- Skilled-Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) Subclass 489
The important date to note is 1 July 2018. This is the date on which this new points test score (pool and pass mark) change will be applied to certain visa subclasses based on the transitional provisions.
The transitional provisions provided are as follows:
- For visa applications made on or after 1 July 2018 in response to an invitation given on or after 1 July 2018, the new points test score required (pool and pass mark required) will be 65 points.
- For visa applications made before, on or after 1 July 2018 in response to an invitation given prior to 1 July 2018, the points test score required (pool and pass mark required) remains at 60 points.
Interested in assessing your eligibility for Skilled Migration to Australia?
For a FREE Online Visa Assessment, click here now: